Dr. Anil Varshney is Director - Institute of Minimally Invasive Urology at Max Hospital, Pitampura, Delhi. A graduate and postgraduate from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi Dr. Varshney did his Masters in General Surgery in 1985 and pursued Urology under the commendable guidance of Prof. B. S. Rana. He has bagged many gold medals for being the best student in various subjects. He got a sponsorship from the Medical Council of India for pursuing Post Doctoral Course (Ph.D) at Moscow, where he worked in a 400 bedded Institute of Urology & Pursued research work on staghorn calculi which was presented at E.A.U conference held at Genoa, Italy in 1990. Dr. Varshney has visited various International centres of Urology and renal transplantation of Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Holland, England, and Scotland besides many centers in Eastern European Countries.
- Currently he serves as the President of North Zone - Urological Society of India.
- He has a rich 32 years of experience of handling urological cases.
- He has done approximately 5000 Laser Prostatectomies (HOLEP) with good results.
- He has performed more than 100 live surgeries during Laser Workshops across India and abroad.
- He has presented more than 170 papers in National and International conferences and journals and also chaired many scientific, sessions on Holmium Lasers, Endourology and ESWL.
- Treated around 50,000 stone patients including 27,500 Ureteroenoscopies (flexible & semi-rigid) and 21,500 PCNL’s.
- He had earlier been working with R.G. Stone Urology & Laparoscopy Hospital, Delhi since 1992 and his commitment to Endourology, has made him handle complicated cases referred from other centres successfully.
- He is involved in teaching graduates and post graduates in endourology and lithotripsy and has pioneered various innovations especially with Lasers in Urology.